Continued Government Subsidies and Regulation Also Remain Important for Sustainable Growth
NEW YORK and LONDON,
Jefferies today announced the results of its recent Clean Technology Investor Survey, which was conducted at Jefferies’ 11th Global Clean Technology conference in New York with more than 100 public and private presenting companies and 700 attendees, including strategic and financial investors, high-level policymakers and industry thought-leaders.
Key findings of the survey include:
– Approximately two-thirds of investors surveyed believe that a full recovery of the IPO market for clean technology companies is likely to occur by the first half of 2012.
– More than three-quarters of investors surveyed believe that large company conglomerates are expected to begin consolidating the clean technology sector during or after 2012.
– In 2011, investors identified the most attractive investment themes, in order of importance, to be smart grid / energy efficiency, solar photovoltaics, energy storage, LED / lighting and electric vehicles.
– Stable government subsidies and regulation are seen as being the most important growth driver for the clean technology sector, a finding that is consistent with the similar survey conducted in November 2010.
– North America, Europe and China together are expected to lead the deployment of smart grid infrastructure, a finding that is in slight contrast to the Jefferies Clean Technology Investor Survey conducted in November 2010, which found that Europe and North America would likely lead deployment.
For full survey results, please visit: www.jefferies.com/ctsurvey
In a joint statement, Bruce Huber and Amy Smith, Global Co-Heads of Jefferies’ CleanTech Investment Banking Group, commented: “We are seeing a more diversified set of investment themes across the clean technology landscape, including smart grid / energy efficiency, lighting, electric transport, solar, energy storage, wind and water. It’s also clear that large conglomerates are starting to play an increasing role in this dynamic sector.”
Jefferies Group, Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a global securities and investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for nearly 50 years.
If you are interested in becoming a Media Partner with WoREA, please use the email link below. A member of our team will be in touch to discuss your event.