Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available detailing the Chinese Renewable Energy Market.
NEW YORK [WorldofRenewables.com]
China is one of the fastest growing economies in the Asia-Pacific region. Despite the global economic slowdown in 2008 and 2009, China continued to add new generation capacity to meet the anticipated rise in demand for electricity in the future. Presently, China is the world’s second largest total primary energy consumer, second only to the US. China has also emerged as the largest CO2 emitter in the world. As China‘s economy continues to grow, its demand for electricity is anticipated to grow. Hence, China is expected to promote the development of renewable energy technology. The country promotes the development of renewable energy technology via combination of laws, feed-in tariff mechanism, programs, and policies. These encourage the development and utilization of renewables for electricity generation.
This report documents the growth of the Chinese renewable energy market, showing its current status and projecting where it is likely to grow to in the foreseeable future.
This document gathers the statistical data on the different types of energy generation, combines and contrasts them against each other to show the clear leaders, drivers to change and future growth.
• Overview of China‘s electricity market with focus on renewable energy. Analysis of energy type volumes, and capacity installed in China.
• Growth of renewables – installed capacity and generation, government mandates and incentives, and comparative economics.
• Information and analysis by renewable energy sector – wind, solar, biomass, hydro, and geothermal.
• Installed capacity and generation, global comparison, key players, economics, drivers, resistors, and outlook for each renewable energy sector.
• Achieve a quick and comprehensive understanding of how China‘s market trends and legislation are influencing the development of the renewable energy market.
• Assess the emerging trends in renewable energy technology – wind, solar, biomass, hydropower, and geothermal – capacity and generation.
• Quantify value and volume growth potential in China‘s electricity market and in energy generation technology type.
• Understand the major issues affecting general electricity market and renewable electricity in particular.
• Predict the key growth areas in China‘s renewable energy industry.
China has reportedly succeeded in achieving a net reduction of 600m tons of carbon dioxide annually through the use of renewable energy. China‘s share of renewable energy was 8% of its total primary energy consumption in 2009.
China has overtaken Germany in terms of global cumulative installed wind power capacity in 2009. Further, China is increasing its presence in the off-shore wind segment by investing in this sector.
Additional investments through government support aiming at solar power technological advancements would help China achieve 20GW of solar PV installed capacity by 2020 from the current levels of 160MW of annual installed solar PV capacity.
Although growth prospects of biomass power generation exist, China‘s biomass market is yet to scale up to a commercial level. China is expecting to achieve 30GW of installed biomass capacity by 2020, while improving the process of feedstock collection.
Falling water resource availability and negative impact on environment is likely to limit large hydro power expansion in China beyond 2020. The Chinese government is expected to encourage growth of small hydropower growth as it creates less environmental damage when compared to large hydro.
Key questions answered by this report
• What are the drivers and resistors shaping and influencing the renewable energy industry in China?
• How will renewable energy technologies capacity share perform to 2020? What are the opportunities?
• What is the policy framework governing the renewable energy market?
• Which renewable energy technology types are likely to grow strongly?
• What is the potential of various renewable energy technologies?
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626