No redundancies proposed Bosch Solar Energy to bundle cell capacities at Arnstadt Relocation from Erfurt planned for early 2010
· Experienced workforce facilitates start of new production
· Distinct cost advantages and shorter distances
Erfurt – As of early 2010 Bosch Solar Energy AG will be integrating its cell production located in Erfurt into the new production facilities at nearby Arnstadt. All of the roughly 280 jobs are to be retained. Upon conclusion of the expansion at Arnstadt, into which Bosch is investing a total of € 530 million, all functions including development and administration will be consolidated at one site. “This gives us the opportunity to integrate operations and concentrate all crystalline activities in one location,” says Holger von Hebel, CEO of Bosch Solar Energy AG.
The relocation is part of the proposed expansion and optimization of the production capacities of Bosch Solar Energy. The experienced workforce from the Erfurt plant will enable faster start-up of the new cell production at Arnstadt. In addition, the consolidation will result in shorter distances and distinct cost advantages in future. The relocation from Erfurt is expected to be completed by the end of 2012.
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. In the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology, some 280,000 associates generated sales of 45.1 billion euros in fiscal 2008. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its more than 300 subsidiaries and regional companies in over 60 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing, and sales network is the foundation for further growth. Each year, Bosch spends more than 3.5 billion euros, or eight percent of its sales revenue, for research and development, and applies for over 3,000 patents worldwide. With all its products and services, Bosch enhances the quality of life by providing solutions which are both innovative and beneficial.
The company was set up in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942) as “Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Electrical Engineering.” The special ownership structure of Robert Bosch GmbH guarantees the entrepreneurial freedom of the Bosch Group, making it possible for the company to plan over the long term and to undertake significant up-front investments in the safeguarding of its future. Ninety-two percent of the share capital of Robert Bosch GmbH is held by Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH, a charitable foundation. The majority of voting rights are held by Robert Bosch Industrietreuhand KG, an industrial trust. The entrepreneurial ownership functions are carried out by the trust. The remaining shares are held by the Bosch family and by Robert Bosch GmbH.
Additional information can be accessed at www.bosch.com.
This information is available for download here:
We offer our E-mail-service alternatively in HTML or TXT format.
If you wish to receive Bosch press information in TXT format please click here
Best regards from the Bosch press department