27- 28 September 2011
Grand Hyatt Denver, Colorado
Overcoming the issue of increasing renewables integration
The Utility Scale Flexible Power Summit aims to bring together the full spectrum of the United States utility sector, from investor owned utilities to local cooperatives, to explore options available to manage intermittency and maintain reliability.
This Utility conference will examine the issues currently limiting optimal generation and transmission, whilst exploring the potential of gas, demand response and future storage options in providing reliable energy delivery. The summit will provide the opportunity to network with permitting bodies, grid operators and financers, as well as companies providing the latest innovations in intermittency management.
Key topics to be addressed at the Utility Scale Flexible Power Summit:
- Policy developments in relation to improving transmission capacity
2. Project finance: Where is funding available?
3. Maximizing the flexibility of gas- fired generation: What is the potential of distributed generation in flexibility?
4. Examining ancillary service market development: What are the main issues currently restricting the market?
5. The latest developments in demand response techniques
- Examining the developing storage market: Exploring storage policy and type, which are the most economical?
Confirmed Speaker Include:
Mark Irwin, Director of Technology Development, Southern California Edison
Dora Nakafuji, Director of Renewable Energy and Alternative Power, Hawaiian Electric Company
John Bear, Chief Executive Officer, Midwest ISO
Michael Olaleye, Senior Engineer, Real Time Market Operations, PJM Interconnection
Bob Schulte, Executive Director, Iowa Stored Energy Park
Erik Ela, Engineer, Systems Integration, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
David Nemtzow, Senior Representative, California Energy Storage Alliance
Partho Sanyal, Director, Global Energy and Power Group, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Daniel Mallo, Managing Director, Project and Structured Finance- Energy, Societe Generale
Visit our website for more information at www.greenpowerconferences.com/flexiblepower
Book your place online or:
Call +1 971 238 0700