Sustainable Energy Technologies Ltd (TSX V:”STG”) (“Sustainable Energy”) Canada’s leader in solar inverter technologies announced today that its inverters have been installed on the largest BIPV system in Greece.
• Largest BIPV system in Greece is performance-optimized with parallel” system architecture.
• SUNERGYTM and the benefits of parallel architecture are key to winning project
• Patented “parallel” technologies will drive leadership for SUNERGYTM in growing BIPV market
Athens, Greece [WorldofRenewables.com]
Sustainable Energy Technologies Ltd (TSX V:”STG”) (“Sustainable Energy”) Canada’s leader in solar inverter technologies announced today that its inverters have been installed on the largest BIPV system in Greece. The 50kW façade will provide power to the new ‘Athens Mall’ in the city’s Saint Dimitrios suburb.
“This is a very important milestone as it signals to the industry the unique value of the SUNERGYTM inverters for architecturally integrated solar power systems,” said Michael Carten Chief Executive Officer of Sustainable Energy.
“Building integrated systems, sometimes called BIPV, are the future of the solar power industry, but development has lagged due to the crippling effect of shading and variances in orientation on total system performance that occurs with the conventional “series” system architecture” required by high voltage inverters.”
“Sustainable Energy’s “parallel” system architecture now gives architects complete freedom to fit the solar panels to the building design, without disproportionately impacting total system performance.
Significantly, it is the only solution available in the industry to do so which also enables a practical maintenance schedule.”
The façade system was developed, designed and installed by Sustainable Energy’s partner A.C.E.
Power Electronics SA, one of Greece’s leading power electronics providers.
The SUNERGYTM inverter and its parallel system design offer the only high performance, serviceable system integration solution to the unique constraints of architecturally integrated BIPV systems.
• With SUNERGYTM inverters, the shading losses are minimized and layout is completely flexible, allowing architectural concerns to drive the solar power system design, without disproportionately impacting system performance.
• Unlike other performance optimizing solutions, SUNERGYTM inverters do not require the electronics to be installed behind the façade or in the roof canopy, meaning service and maintenance are as convenient as with any other solar PV system.
• The low operating voltages of the parallel system architecture ensures the safety of building maintenance personnel, first responders, and tradesmen who may accidentally come into contact with wiring integrated into the building’s envelope.
• With their wide operating temperature range of minus 40 degrees Celsius to plus 50 degree Celsius, SUNERGYTM inverters can be safely installed outdoors or wherever it is most convenient in any climate.
About Sustainable Energy: Sustainable Energy (www.sustainableenergy.com) is Canada’s solar inverter company. The Company’s patented inverter technologies are a breakthrough in power #10427508 v2 inverter design and capabilities for all forms of distributed generation and smart grid applications. The SUNERGYTM inverter is the industry’s only grid-interactive solar inverter which enables a “parallel” solar PV system architecture at a cost and serviceability factor that is comparable to conventional inverters in the market. The benefits of parallel solar are: (i) 5% – 25% higher total system power output; (ii) a better fill factor enabling better coverage of available space; (iii) simplified system design and installation; and (iv) the safety of extra low operating voltages which ensures the safety of building maintenance personnel, first responders, and tradesmen who may accidentally come into contact with system wiring.
Sustainable Energy’s technologies are the subject of multiple patents issued by and pending with the Canadian US and International Patent Offices.