Exhibit Will Feature Highly Anticipated Products for Residential through Utility-Scale PV Projects.
ROCKLIN, Calif., August 28, 2012—SMA America plans to highlight several of its residential, commercial and utility-scale solutions—including four new products—at Solar Power International in Orlando, Fla., September 10-13, 2012. The company will be attending this year as the show’s exclusive Terawatt sponsor.
As the Terawatt sponsor, SMA aims to demonstrate its support for the industry and exhibit its leadership and strength as an organization in what has been a challenging year for many in the industry.
“We have come to rely on Solar Power International as an event that brings together the best and the brightest in the industry,” said Jurgen Krehnke, president and general manager of SMA America and president of SMA Canada. “We look forward to sharing some of our newest solutions and efforts, especially because this is the first time the show will be on the east coast and we believe the region is well-positioned for solar growth.”
Jurgen Krehnke, who is responsible for SMA’s North American business functions, will join other company leaders on a CEO panel entitled, “Growth in an Uncertain Market,” which will take place Monday, September 10, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Solar Power International attendees can expect to see one of SMA’s most dynamic displays to date. Products on display at SMA’s booth (no. 2010) include:
• Sunny Boy 240-US and the Multigate-US: SMA’s new micro inverter features a streamlined design for high reliability and is ideal for residential projects and systems with multiple orientations. It also works well in hybrid string/micro systems, enhancing design flexibility for installers. The Sunny Multigate is an innovative interface that provides distortion free communications and power connection to the main service panel.
• The Sunny Central CP-US inverters are the industry’s most cost-effective solution for utility-scale and commercial applications. The Sunny Central CP-US is rated for maximum system voltages up to 1,000 VDC and 10 percent over nameplate output capacity at ambient temperatures up to 25 C, which translates to substantial balance of systems cost savings while still delivering optimum performance. They also offer industry leading CEC-weighted efficiencies up to 98.5 percent and peak efficiencies up to 98.7 percent—the highest in the utility-scale power class. The inverters are UL listed and feature advanced grid management functions.
• The Sunny Boy 3000/4000/5000TL-US series will offer lighter weight and higher efficiencies for residential 3-5 kW systems. Featuring dual MPP trackers and OptiTrac Global Peak MPP tracking, the TL-US series is an ideal string inverter solution for shading situations and difficult roofs. Integrated AFCI (UL 1699B) meets NEC 2011 requirements and the units’ unique Emergency Power Supply function provides daytime power in case of a grid power outage.
• Sunny Central CP XT: SMA’s highly successful CP line of inverters has been upgraded and expanded to include two new models: the Sunny Central CP XT 850/900. New enhancements to the inverters will provide a wider total operating range and increased power production.
New to this year’s exhibit is SMA’s social media corner, where attendees can tweet live with SMA and record their own video message to SMA in an on-site video booth.
The Solar Academy and the Sunny Pro Club will be on site as well to highlight SMA’s unique support, training and educational opportunities. Solar Academy special training courses will include:
• Sales/Marketing & Sunny Boy 240-US: This training session will discuss how to effectively market and sell SMA products, and will also provide an overview of the Sunny Boy 240-US.
• Sunny Island 1: Grid-tied battery backup systems: This course provides an in-depth understanding of the Sunny Island battery backup inverter, its response to a grid failure and its role in a grid-tied backup system.
• Sunny Central 500CP-US/630CP-US/720CP-US/750CP-US/800CP-US: This will be an overview of the features and functionality of the SMA Sunny Central CP-US family of central inverters from 500 kVA to 800 kVA.
SMA will also have an in-booth presentation area and will feature five different speakers over the course of the show.
The SMA Group generated sales of €1.7 billion in 2011 and is the global market leader for solar inverters, a key component of all PV plants. It is headquartered in Niestetal, near Kassel, Germany, and is represented in 21 countries on six continents. The Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide, plus a number of temporary employees that varies on a seasonal basis. SMA’s broad product portfolio includes a compatible inverter for every type of module on the market and for all PV plant sizes. The product range includes inverters both for grid-connected PV plants and for off-grid systems. SMA can therefore provide an ideal inverter solution for all plant sizes and types. Since 2008, the Group’s parent company, SMA Solar Technology AG, has been listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (S92) and also in the TecDAX index. In recent years, SMA has received numerous awards for excellence as an employer and in 2011 and 2012 achieved first place in Germany’s nationwide Great Place to Work® competition. www.SMA-America.com/www.SMA-Canada.ca