Measure biogas without limitations!
The biogas market is booming. No wonder, as the gas can be used in a variety of beneficial ways – including fueling vehicles or generating heat and electricity in combined heat and power plants.
The gas is obtained from:
- Fermentation of energy
- Organic waste
- Liquid manure
- Sewage sludge
- Leftover plant materials
For biogas plants to work properly,various process parameters have to be monitored around the clock: gas composition, pressure, temperature, and above all the produced gas quantity. Prosonic Flow B 200 is an industry-optimised ultrasonic flowmeter that measures the volume flow of biogas, landfill or digester gas reliably and with high accuracy, even under greatly fluctuating operating conditions.
Ultrasonic measurement has numerous benefits compared to conventional methods:
- Reliable measurement – high accuracy (±1.5%) and a high operable flow range (30:1)
- Energy saving – no pressure losses
- Maintenance-free – no moving parts
- Space-saving – short inlet and outlet runs
- Wide range of uses – independent of the composition and the moisture of a gas
- Measurement possible even with minimum operating pressure
Reliable process control due to direct methane content measurement!
Fermentation processes are not always uniform. The operating conditions, which in some cases fluctuate greatly, result in different levels of methane content (CH4) in the biogas, which have to be monitored constantly. With the Prosonic Flow B 200, it is now possible – using precisely measured sound velocity and an integrated temperature sensor – to simultaneously measure the methane content directly in the pipe, without the need for additional devices. This is a worldwide one-of-a-kind feature and opens up completely new perspectives:
- Continuous, around-the-clock monitoring of gas quantity and quality
- Fast and targeted reaction in case of interference in the fermentation process
- Efficient process control and energy balancing by calculating additional characteristic values such as:
- Corrected volume
- Calorific value
- Wobbe index (indicates the quality of fuel gas)
Source: Endress + Hauser Ltd