They come from different organizations, industries, and backgrounds, but their mission is the same: to find business solutions to some of the world’s biggest environmental challenges.
Vancouver, Canada – From March 14 to 16, 2012 they will meet in Vancouver, Canada at GLOBE 2012.
Representing some of the world’s most environmentally forward-thinking and acting companies and organizations, CEOs, Vice-Presidents, Chief Sustainability Officers, and government leaders will take the stage in Vancouver to spark a dialogue about how sustainable and innovative business practices can help both the planet and the ‘triple bottom line’.
Revolving around the thematic concept of ‘Building a Sustainable Economy for the 21st Century’, a selection of GLOBE 2012 conference sessions will focus on determining a strategic and successful path on the ‘Road to Rio+20’, the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development.
“The individuals who will take the stage at GLOBE 2012 are international thought leaders with the knowledge and power to exact change,”
says John Wiebe, President and CEO of the GLOBE Foundation.
Confirmed Speakers to date include:
• Kevin Anton, Chief Sustainability Officer, Alcoa, USA
• Laurent Auguste, President & CEO, Veolia Water Americas, USA
• Rob Bernard, Chief Environmental Strategist, Microsoft Corporation, USA
• Samir Brikho, Chief Executive, AMEC, UK
• Paul Clements-Hunt, Head, United Nations Environment Program Finance Initiative (UNEP FI), Switzerland
• Henry Derwent, President & CEO, International Emissions Trading Association (IETA), Switzerland
• Andy Ellis, Senior Vice President of Supply Chain & Logistics, Walmart, Canada
• Yannick Glemarec, Executive Coordinator, Global Environment Facility & Director of Environmental Finance, United Nations Development Program (UNDP), USA
• Connie Hedegaard, European Commissioner for Climate Action, European Commission, Belgium
• Daniel Hendrix, President & CEO, Interface Global, USA
• Gina McCarthy, Assistant Administrator, US Environmental Protection Agency, USA
• Dailah Nihot, Global Head of Sustainability, ING, The Netherlands
• Jean Oelwang, CEO, Virgin Unite, UK
• Ben Packard, Vice President of Global Responsibility, Starbucks Coffee Company, USA
• James E. Rogers, Chairman, President & CEO, Duke Energy, USA
• Harry Verhaar, Senior Director, Energy & Climate Change & Head of Strategic Sustainability Initiatives, Philips Lighting, The Netherlands
• Scott Wicker, Chief Sustainability Officer, UPS Inc., USA
Long-time GLOBE participant and confirmed speaker at GLOBE 2012, Samir Brikho, Chief Executive at AMEC in the UK commented,
“There are lots of ideas coming out of GLOBE. When you gather the brains of the world together to discuss how to calibrate better across industries and deal with the challenging issues…we have better than what we have done in the past.”
“You get ‘infected’ with people who are really energized around sustainability and around a low carbon economy…it’s all about sharing and energizing and taking ideas back to your company,”
says Daniel Hendrix, President and CEO, Interface Inc., USA.
Click here for a full list of the more than 65 confirmed speakers to date.
Register before November 30th and save $600.
For more information, visit www.GLOBESeries.com.
Find us on Twitter: @GLOBE_Series
GLOBE 2012 is produced by the GLOBE Foundation, an international consultancy organization in the business of the environment. GLOBE’s expertise lies in project management, event development, and management and consulting in the fields of environment and energy, urban development, and corporate responsibility. The GLOBE Foundation is North America’s longest operating producer of environmental events.