27-28 September 2011: Berlin, Germany
Europe’s solar future beyond ground-based PV projects
2011 amendments to renewable energy laws across Europe have caused ground-based PV projects to fall further out of favour. This has left developers of large-scale projects questioning their future strategies. Rooftop plant development has largely escaped the severe cuts and caps imposed on the sector, and with its popularity amongst governments and communities it looks set to be the future
for utility scale solar power generation.
Many of the world’s leading developers are in accordance with a rooftop strategy, yet the added complexity in constructing these plants, coupled with an increased difficulty in obtaining funding means this isn’t the low hanging fruit that they have been used to. There is much room for improvement in plant design and enhancement of relationships with building owners is crucial to moving projects forward. Large-Scale Rooftop Solar PV will address this market place as no conference has done before. The conference will put developers in touch with building owners and investors essential to further opening the market whilst leading developers will provide never before heard insight into Europe’s largest rooftop plants.
Hear from an unparalleled speaking faculty of developers, rooftop owners, utilities, governments and solar experts:
– Nadia Horstmann, Senior Expert Energy Regulation, BNetzA, Germany
– Vincent Manier, Head of Financial Operations, GDF Suez, France
– Eberhard Louis, Director Distribution & Operations EMEA, Goodyear Dunlop Europe, Luxembourg
– Paolo Ricci, Executive Director, Business Development, Terni Energia, Italy
– Holger Ruletzki, Chief Operating Officer, Parabel, Germany
– Adam Grohs, Chief Engineer, Solar Frontier, Germany
– Jan Van der Henst, Chief Executive Officer, Invictus, Belgium
– Joris van der Geest, Chief Investment Officer of Ampère Equity Fund, Triodos Investment Management, The Netherlands
– Juergen Franke, Managing Director, Co-Head of EMEA, Energy, West LB, Germany
– Steffen Licht, Head of the Rooftop Business Unit, Gehrlicher Solar, Germany
In just 2 intensive days, attendees will:
– Hear from governments, associations, utilities and the solar community on the probable directions of feed in tariffs and caps for large-scale PV projects across Europe
– Discover the strategies of Europe’s largest developers: Which markets, what size projects and why rooftops are the way to go!
– Investigate financing options and gain advice on how to collate smaller projects to increase chances of investment
– Benefit from case studies on how to optimize plant design, construction and maintenance for
different roof types
– Meet building owners looking to lease their roof space for PV development
– Ensure a future in the sector following the demise of large ground-based PV plants
The Rooftop Owner VIP Pass Scheme
Do you own or manage warehouses, distribution centres, agricultural buildings, greenhouses or other large industrial buildings? Are you considering leasing your roof space to a solar project to generate
extra revenue and increase your green credentials? Courtesy of our event sponsors we have 20 complimentary guest passes for owners of large rooftops. Discover what sort of revenue you could generate, hear the experience of other rooftop owners and meet the solar community who could help you achieve your goal. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Four easy ways to book: