Singapore, 1 July 2015 – Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director (elect) of the International Energy Agency (IEA), will deliver the Opening Keynote Address at the 8th Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW). Dr Birol will share his perspectives on this year’s SIEW theme, “Global Energy Transitions”. Registration for the Keynote Address and SIEW’s co-located conferences & exhibitions are now open.
The Singapore Energy Summit will feature a strong line-up of energy thought-leaders who will share their insights and perspectives on (i) Asia’s New Energy Frontiers, (ii) Securing Energy in an Era of Uncertainty, and (iii) Building Energy Resilience. Confirmed speakers at the Summit include:
- Charif Souki, Chairman and CEO, Cheniere Energy
- Hiroshi Ozaki, Chairman, Osaka Gas
- Tang Kin Fei, Group President and CEO, Sembcorp Industries
- David Walker, CEO, DNV.GL-Energy
- Eric Luo, CEO, Shunfeng International Clean Energy
- Peter Coleman, CEO and Managing Director, Woodside Energy
- Masakazu Toyoda, Chairman and CEO, The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ)
- Gireesh B. Pradhan, Chairman and CE, Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC)
- Aldo Flores-Quiroga, Secretary General, International Energy Forum (IEF)
- Mohinder Gulati, COO, United Nations Sustainable Energy for All (UNSE4ALL)
- Agneta Rising, Director General, World Nuclear Association (WNA)
SIEW 2015 will once again bring together the world’s leading conferences, exhibitions, and roundtables in one week, one location. Partner events, Asian Energy Financial and Investment Conference, Asian Downstream Week, Gastech Conference & Exhibition, Platts Top 250 Asia Awards Dinner, Renewables@SIEW and the Asia Clean Energy Summit, will provide delegates with opportunities to participate in the latest discussions across the energy sector.
Registration is now open for SIEW 2015 at www.siew.sg. Early registration discounts of up to S$300 will end on 13 September 2015. SIEW 2015 will be held at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands Singapore, from 26 to 30 October 2015.
About Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW)
In its 8th edition, Singapore International Energy Week is the premier platform in Asia for energy insights, partnerships and dialogue, which brings together the world’s leading conferences, exhibitions, and roundtables in one week, one location. SIEW enriches the global energy conversation by convening political, business, academic and energy industry thought-leaders to define and advance the world’s leading energy challenges, solutions and actions across the energy spectrum of oil & gas, clean and renewable energy, and energy infrastructure financing. Please visit www.siew.sg for further information.
About the Energy Market Authority
The Energy Market Authority (EMA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry. Our main goals are to ensure a reliable and secure energy supply, promote effective competition in the energy market and develop a dynamic energy sector in Singapore. Through our work, we seek to forge a progressive energy landscape for sustained growth. Please visit www.ema.gov.sg for more information.
For media queries, please contact:
Energy Market Authority
Tel: +65 6376 7651
Edelman for Singapore International Energy Week
Tel: +65 6494 1563