Leading Scottish small wind turbine manufacturer Gaia-Wind Ltd today announced a winning double:
• Listed as one of the fastest growing “Cleantech” companies in Europe, and
• Shortlisted for the Scottish Renewables Green Energy Award for business growth
CEO Johnnie Andringa said:
“This great news is good for the whole small wind market. Gaia-Wind Ltd has demonstrated outstanding business growth due to its product (the Gaia-Wind 133-11kW small wind turbine) that excels in:
• performance (annual energy generated),
• reliability (1255 years operating experience) and
• low environment impact (extremely low noise levels)
“Both of these accolades mark important milestones in Gaia-Wind’s five year plan, designed to grow our business into a major producer and exporter of Scottish manufactured small wind turbines.
“Awards such as these recognise the effort and hard work put in by renewables companies in what, in some respects is still a fledgling market. They help to put the industry in the limelight and to an extent also stimulate competition. This is good for our customers and for the industry as a whole”.
The awards follow last year’s success where Gaia-Wind was named Most Promising Emerging Business by the Hillington Innovation Awards.
The Scottish Renewables Green Energy Award for business growth – Sponsored by AREG is for outstanding business growth; or the development of exciting and ambitious plans for the future by either a new or existing renewable energy business.
GP Bullhound has published a list of the 30 fastest growing Cleantech companies in Europe, based on their financial performance between 2008 and 2010. To see the full list: http://cleantech-connect.com Notes to Editors:
2. Cleantech Connect features the hottest and fastest growing Cleantech companies in Europe. For the third year running GP Bullhound publishes a list of the fastest growing Cleantech companies. From this list the most outstanding companies are nominated to present to the high profile judging panel from within the Cleantech industry. The companies will be ranked by their annual revenue growth rate between financial year ends 2008-2010.
3. GP Bullhound is a leading investment banking firm providing advice on mergers & acquisitions and institutional capital-raising to emerging growth companies in the Technology sector.
4. For enquiries, please contact: